it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Thursday, November 13, 2008

What was Ricky thinking...?

Last night I had to work. About 4-times a year I'm required to present a seminar,"The Fundamentals of Investing", for the financial institution I work with. I didn't get home until about 8pm... "why is this important?" you say. Well, when I'm not home, Ricky is on his own. But let me back up about a day....

Tuesday night I received an email from my sister-in-law, letting me know that the cookie-dough I'd purchased from my little niece would be delivered to my in-laws home on Wednesday (yesterday). Knowing that I'd be working, presenting the aforesaid seminar, I forwarded the email to the office next door... Ricky's office, along with a note..
"Sweetheart, please deliver the birthday card to your dad's tomorrow evening, and pick up the cookie-dough... reminder... I'll be working...". (Ricky and I each have our own home office - I work... he shops on ebay... it's a long story which I'll save for another post...)

Yesterday on the phone at lunchtime, I reminded Ricky about the birthday card delivery and picking up the cookie dough... Ricky seldom forgets anything... but just in case, I also wrote it down on our "reminder board" in the kitchen by the back door...

Last night, about 10:30 pm... I in my office... Ricky in his... I heard... "SHOOT! What was I thinking!?!" This one deserved my personal attention, so I walked next door and said... "What's the matter dear?"... to which he replied... "I forgot the dang cookie-dough!"... Now, I wonder what made him think about that??? More later... from here in French Lique...
ps.. Dad lives less than a mile away...

UPDATE Thursday 10:20pm cst: We figured it out! Ricky wasn't suppose to pick up cookie dough until Thursday...(today) all is well again in French Lique....

No comments: