it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The last piece of pie...

No matter who you are or where you live... it always comes down to this. The last piece of pie.


Ricky and I both love pumpkin pie. This time of year, they are plentiful. Every week, I buy a pie somewhere... (sorry Joan, I never seem to find the time to bake one!). Along with the pie, I buy a container of Coolwhip Light. Somehow, we manage to finish the pie and the Coolwhip at the same time.

This piece of pie was mine (we also split the pie evenly - Ricky gets half, I get half). What usually happens though, is that Ricky finishes his half first... over a period of 3 or 4 days. Then, that last piece of pie sits for a day or two, until I know he can stand it no more... and I always do what I did last night. I tell Ricky that I just don't want that last piece. "Are you sure?" he always says... and I always reply, "yes dear, I'm sure... you go ahead and eat it before it goes bad". And, he does.

Isn't life funny... year after year we go through this same little ritual and it never gets old. I just love sharing my pumpkin pie with my "Big Pumpkin" down here in French Lique...

No comments: