it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The blessing of rain... in French Lique...

The windows were open this morning when I woke up to the pitter-patter of rain outside. I love the sound and the smell of rain. Ricky came into the bedroom and I told him "it's raining, you might want to park that motorcycle this morning and take the truck to work"... to which he replied.... "Naw"....


Ricky left for work, on the motorcycle of course, and I sat down at the front porch table to enjoy the rain with a nice hot cup of coffee and the morning newspaper. About 5 minutes later, he was back... and soaking wet. It was just drizzling at our house... but a couple of miles down the road, it was pouring... So he came back, gave me another kiss good-bye, and took the truck to work.



One of these days that man is going to listen to the wisdom of his wife... just biding my time down here in French Lique...

No comments: