it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Monday, December 29, 2008

The after Christmas sale!

I was disappointed that the few antique/junktique trips I've had a chance to make this fall and early winter have not yielded what I was looking for... Mercury Glass... I've looked for old ornaments or candlesticks... a bowl... anything... but nothing... until now...


I did a little after Christmas shopping at Target... and looked what I found... okay... it isn't vintage.. but it's pretty...

Beautiful footed bowl to which I added some silver and pewter decorative balls...


and a beautiful candle holder and candle... I'm still looking for another one or two to complete the look... but...

I think this is a pretty good start to my New Year's table scape... lots of glitz and glam down here in French Lique...

3 comments:

Joan J said...

How pretty! Love the mercury glass -- it just oozes "holidays" and "look at me, I decorate!" LOL No kidding, really love it.

cottage farm villa said...

Sorry to hear you couldn't find any vintage Mercury Glass - but I gotta tell you.....some of the new stuff is Great! Michaels carries some really pretty mercury glass....and they had a tremendous sale on it a while back! ~Cheryl

ps. I have recently become crazy about this glass!

pss. and yes, you are right about the HP residents...being able to really do up their homes. I must say though, seems like it was a little less done up this year - I think everyone has been touched by the economy...just at different levels. We are going to try the carriage ride through the area, next year! :)

Dixie said...

Carriage ride? Sounds soooo romantic! I didn't know they did that... maybe I'll try to get to Dallas next Christmas myself.

I'm not new to loving mercury glass, but I'm new to owning it. An older friend of mine has several pieces which I've admired for ages... but now the new... not really mercury, but just as beautiful. I found a few more pieces at another Target yesterday but I haven't tried Michael's. Guess I'll have to visit them this week too!

Thanks for stopping by. I always love your comments. We Texas girls have to stick together!