it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blue Monday... Shopping at Blue Hills Antique Mall in Geronimo, Texas...

Smiling Sally
Thinking of Smiling Sally and hoping she is back for Blue Monday... really really soon! We miss you Sally!!
Even if Sally isn't quite up to it yet... I'm posting
Blue Monday every week until she gets back...
Hurry Back Sally!!
Please stop by Sally's blog and leave your thoughts and prayers..
and post something Blue for Monday as a little warm thought for Sally's return to health..
UPDATE!  SALLY'S GRANDDAUGHTER, ARA, HAS POSTED A BLUE MONDAY FOR SALLY AND AN UPDATE ON HER CONDITION!  STOP BY AND LEAVE A FEW GOOD WISHES!
I was so excited when I found this pretty Blue HERS pillowcase... but there was no HIS, so my interest wained and I didn't buy it... will I go back?...
In the Curious Boys booth I found these chippy Blue letters... spelling S E A R S - but there's not a D in site... so I left the letters there...
There were lots of old Blue Ball canning jars scattered here and there... but boy were they pricey!  $15 to $29... a little expensive for my tastes... so I passed them by...
This group of Blue canning jars... purchased as a lot would have been.... $112... yikes!  Yep, they're all still there!
Then there were this beautiful set of mixing bowls... the smallest a beautiful shade of Blue... but I didn't need any bowls...
So... what did I buy... guess you're going to have to come back later this week to see... cause it was nothin' Blue down here in French Lique... 

5 comments:

bj said...

O, Dixie girl...I am so glad to hear you say you will post something blue every Monday. You have inspired me to do the same. You may see MY blues over and over...I don't have that many blues, other than dishes. Such a sweet thought by you..I am going to make a POST BLUE MONDAY and put it on the sidebar. If you want, come by and pick it up..(give me an hour or two...remember, I'm OLDEN and SLOW.)
Can't believe how expensive the blue jars are now. whew...
love ya, bj

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hey Dixie, I love blue jars and have a small collection. I sold several at one of the past shows and that's what I got for mine too. I've seen them a bit higher in other malls. They are getting harder, at least for me, to find. I also love the Curious Boys booth. I so want to come and see your space and theirs and Bev's as soon as I can get a moment to go, I'm headed your way. Do you possibly remember how much the SEARS letters were? They were cool. I'm borrowning your pic and using it for Wednesday, hope that's ok. Have a great week, T

LV said...

Loved seeing all you different blues. I am with you, I have posted a Blue Monday since Sally has been gone.

Liz said...

You have a beautiful collection.

My Blue Monday.

trash talk said...

I got a blue jar with your name on it...should you ever make it my way!
Deb