it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Not Just About The Junk...

Someone said that Candy and I seem to do a lot of "shopping"... Well, truth be known... we do get together every month or so to go Junkin' , along with Candy's best friend Terry. But I'm not sure you could call what we do... "shopping"...
Most of the time...
It's not just about the Junk...
Most of the time it's about seeing friends and visiting favorite places.... Like Glory B's in Geronimo...

It's difficult to get past the front porch most days...

because Beverly seems to have just the right stuff...

And Beverly is the kind of special shoppe keeper that Candy, Terry and I just love...
She's a little goofy... just like us!

and sometimes... it's not just about the junk...

In fact, I'd say, most of the time it's about spending fun times with good friends looking for treasure and then relaxing together with an ice cold margarita...
Aaaahhhhh.... now that's Treasure Hunting Texas Style...
Down here in French Lique...

20 comments:

stefanie said...

OH my,that looks like you guys have a really good time!!!!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Boy, I sure wish I lived near you guys!! You sure know how to have fun!! I spy Chili's!!!

((Hugs))
Marsha

Sue said...

That's my kind of shopping!

Sue

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Dixie, this sounds like so much fun, and Glory B's looks wonderful! I wanna go with y'all! laurie

Candy said...

What a great, warm weather, fabulous food, dazzling drinks, and bargain buys day with my heart sisters.
Hey why didn't you get in front of the camera?
Enjoying my new magazines up here in Wimberley ;-)

trash talk said...

If you promise me drinks and dips...maybe I can find my way down there...to French Lique, Texas!
Debbie

Jeanette said...

drinks, chips and shopping.....a woman's dream.

The Muse said...

Call it what you will...
Looks life what we call...
F...U...N !!!!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I agree it isn't always the shopping that matters, it's the visiting with dear friends and just relaxing and enjoying ourselves. Glad you had a good time. I am going to do a little junking and a lot of visiting tomorrow.
Molly

Marigene said...

To me it looks like a F.U.N. time!

donna baker said...

My kind of shopping, but I usually get more done by myself. But then it's not as fun.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Ahhhhh ... looks like the perfect 'shopping' trip to me!

xo
Jill

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You girls have way too much fun, but that's what it's all about. You have to have girl time occassionally, right. I've so been wanting to come down and see Beverly. I guess I'm just going to have to plan a trip. Hope you have a great weekend, T

Deb said...

Everything is better with a Margarita...and good friends....

xinex said...

Oh Dixie, I wish I could go with you all. What fun!...Christine

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Girl, you know how to have a good time, and I wish I could shop with you! Do you know that Mr. Magpie applied for a job in Texas out of law school, but we took the one here. We have a fair amount of family and friends there, and I always loved the Texas girls on trips I used to go on for a women's group I belonged to back when I was a young thing. Yep, y'all know how to have FUN!

Love you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

English Cottage in Georgia said...

okie doky, now I am REALLY missing Texas! Oh man, it has been soooo long since I have had great junking, great Tex-Mex, and fantastic margaritas ALL in the same afternoon!

dmvoccola said...

I want to go shopping with you! Please, pretty please? :) I'll look you up if I'm ever in Texas and you can show me around a bit. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love making new friends.

Angela said...

Hey Dixie!

I love that vanity in one of your pictures! I have been looking for one for my daughter for a good year and can't find one that has a lot of drawer space like that one has.

Hugs,
Angela

Angela said...

Hey Dixie!

I love that vanity in one of your pictures! I have been looking for one for my daughter for a good year and can't find one that has a lot of drawer space like that one has.

Hugs,
Angela