it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho... it's off to Paint we go!...

Yes... fellow booth owners... I'm moving my booth... My current booth is in the "way-back" of the Blue Hills Antique Mall... you literally have to go through 12 different rooms and down 2 hallways to get to my booth.
So when junkin' with Candy and Terry Thursday, I found this booth available... and you only have to go through one other room to get back to this booth...

It's a sweet kitchen/dining setting with a pretty window... and lots of cabinet space... see the glass doors... Candy thinks "it's perfect!"

It also has lots of nails and screws in the walls... and
some very UGLY wallpaper... and unpainted lattice... oh! and the ceiling fan... can't forget that! Laurie Smith would just die!

and a bottom half thats a dirty green... the top... taupe?
but I like this little corner shelf..
This is the wall opposite the cabinets and window... a lattice see-through to another booth... and more shelves...

Here are the shelves on the window wall under the cabinet... along with "not my favorite flooring..."


and not so beautiful counter tops...
But the window... I love the window...
So today, Sunday, the transformation begins.. Ricky and I are headed to Geronimo to do a little cleaning and painting...
Then next Friday my sister, Lili, is coming from Mississippi to help move the booth!... Candy (and maybe Terry) will be there too...
Something tells me there'll be margaritas to post about again next week...
Wish me luck... down here in French Lique...

25 comments:

marie said...

Hey Dixie!
That spot looks awesome! I know you've got a lot of work ahead with moving your booth and all. But I think that your new booth is going to be great. Can't wait ot see pictures of it.
Sure do wish I lived near-by ~ I love 50% off sales!! : )

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Dixie! That booth has lots of possibilities! You will have to post the "after" so we can see! My friend Linda keeps trying to talk me into doing this, but I keep telling her we'd have to buy a truck first! lol Hope you are enjoying your weekend...hugs...Debbie

Candy said...

Bless that sweet man of yours. I am looking forward to meeting your sister so Terry and I will be there ready and willing.
Did I hear something about a margarita ;-)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You have a lot of work to get it ready, but I'm sure it will look great. I can't wait to see the finished booth.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like a great spot! Can't wait to see it transformed!

Deb said...

Boy you will have that place looking snazzy in no time...can't wait to see the finished product...

Sandi said...

Awesome space. I am looking at a space that measures 8' by 10' all the way in back behind another vendor around the corner. I'm scared to death to take the plunge in doing this.

Seeing you making this move is inspiring. Lots of work, but lots of fun too.

Best Wishes

Sandi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Dixie, that is a neat booth with lots of potential. What color are you painting it? I can't wait to see the pics!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Helen said...

Having spent a few hours in a huge antique barn I know that location means a lot ~ but I have a feeling you would be found no matter where you perched. Love the new booth!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dixie,

Marsh over at Sassy Mini Dolls mentioned you on her Pink Saturday post so I thought I would pop over and have a look. I LOVE this new room of yours. It's got fantastic potential. Have fun dolling it up.

I'm a bit late and this is the wrong post but I like this one too! (tee hee :)

.•*˙˙*•.HaPPy PiNk SaTuRdaY!.•*˙˙*•.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Congrats on your new space! ...am so anxious to see the transformation...just make sure the Margarita pitcher comes AFTER the remodel:-)

stefanie said...

Oh, I can see all the potential!!! I know its going to be gorgeous, cant wait to see what you do!

Jeanette said...

Wow! This place has unlimited possibilities! It is so cute. The booths at the mall where my DH has a booth is so blahhh. I would help him move his booth for this space, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, that would be so much fun! I would love to do that! Your booth looks so charming, can't wait to see it all filled up with goodies! Cindy

Kat said...

Congratulations Dixie! This space has so much potential, I love all the cabinets. I can't wait to see what you do with this. Have fun! Kathy (where in Mississippi is your sister from - my home state!)

Sue said...

Oh, but this space can be wonderful...such potential! I can't wait to see it when you get done.

Sue

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good lucj with your painting and move Dixie...It will be perfect for you...I'll drink to that ha ha!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anne Lorys said...

That space is AWESOME!
It has so much charm and character, it's not just a few walls full of fugly pegboard like mine is.

I love it, I really do. :-)

Anne

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Good luck sweetie. I'm so glad that you have lots of friends to help you with the move. I know it's going to be daunting.
I'm sure you will show us the finished booth. Can't wait!

Sissie

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a cool new spot for you, Dixie. I'm looking forward to seeing how you transform it :-)

anythinggoeshere said...

I love the built in things already there. It will be very nice when cleaned and painted. Congratulations.

susan said...

Dixie-You are probably painting as I read this. This sounds like a much better location! I'm sure you will have it all shined up in no time--can't wait to see. Sounds as if you have good help :)

Marigene said...

Congrats, on the prime spot...I know it is going to be awesome once you are done cleaning, painting and arranging...can't wait to see it completed.

trash talk said...

Dixie Girl, I LOVE it. What good bones and with your talent for creative interiors...your sales are gonna go through the roof. Your merchandise will look wonderful in this space. I'm so proud for you and can't wait to see the transformation. Wished I lived closer...I'd be there in a heartbeat to help with the painting...and the margaritas!
Debbie
P.S. I'm a little behind in my reading and just read your post on the Hot Chocolate maker. Thank you so much. It made me so happy that the random generator picked your number to win and even happier when I read you sweet post. You are a doll!

Laura said...

Way to go Dixie-
I know it will be a great success.
Maybe I can head that way some day!

Laura