it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holy Cow what's with the white socks or Picture Tag

You may be wondering why I am showing you this photo of a guy in white socks and sandals, holding an umbrella and taking pictures. Well, I have been tagged by Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict to play Picture Tag! (thanks so much Deb!?!) Here are the rules:

1) Choose the 4th folder where you store your pictures on your computer.
2) Select the 4th picture in the folder.
3) Explain the picture.
4) Tag 4 people to do the same.

Well, this guy who was waiting in my 4th folder, 4th picture, just happens to be my Ricky... yes, now you know... he's one sharp dresser... We were at the house I owned before we married, having a little R&R. Just so happens, that weekend a category 1 hurricane hit the gulf coast, so there was lots of wind and rain, but very little damage... except for what Ricky was taking a picture of that is...


I had warned Ricky... "the soil is very sandy here, and that old oak tree is nearly dead... never park too close to it in the driveway. I'm afraid a good gust of wind is going to take the tree down." And it did... Ricky was standing at the front storm door watching the wind and rain when the tree fell... want to know what he said... (and this is yet another reason I adore this man)... in a completely calm voice he said... "Oh shoot." and that, was that.

So... whom shall I tag??? It shall be...
I've picked 4 of my very favorite bloggers. All are funny, smart and do a darn good job of writing... So I have no doubt that when you visit their blogs, you'll enjoy them as much as I do...


I was going to tag Muse at A Diva's Hammer... but when I went to get her link... she had just posted the announcement of her 100th post... not wanting to interfere with the party, I decided to just give her 100th post a shout out here! and a poodle link to her celebration... Congrats to one of my favorite bloggers on her 100th post!

Celebrating hurricanes, picture tag, blogger friends and 100th posts down here in French Lique!

7 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Dixie...I am so sorry for Ricky's truck, but I had to laugh out loud at his "Oh shoot!" Such a Southern gentleman! Thanks for playing! Isn't it funny how a picture can tell a whole story? Hugs...Debbie

Joan J said...

Wooo Hooo! I feel so darn special :) I'll post a pic tomorrow morning. Thanks for thinking of me! (Lord, please don't let that 4th photo in the 4th folder be that bad pic of me with my hair all whirley and in my bathrobe)

Dixie said...

Joanie.. you ARE so darn special!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Wow-my first tag and you got me!

What a gentleman for being so calm about the whole truck incident. Did it do much damage? From looking at the picture it's hard to tell. At least it was handy to haul away-lol!

Dixie said...

Heidi... you're soooo funny! and insightful... he cut up the tree and we used it for firewood in the fire place the next year!

No, not too much damage to the truck. Just the tailgate. He thought he'd pulled far enough around, so at least the tree missed the cab!

The Muse said...

Excellent, waste not...want not...LOL
That will teach those old timbers :) Hope those pieces of wood burned well ! Mostly glad no one (including the truck) was injured in the making of those pictures!

You know, I want to say a very special thank you to all the kindness of heart you have shown me. And it was even made more so (abundantly clear) on your comment posting at my #100. It truly means a lot when you know your voice is being hear (perhaps not always agreed with, but heard, nonetheless). I think we all need that!

And for you to help me reach the goal towards the Cancer Society Donation...is just an act that is too monumental for a mere Thank You~but I offer abundant gratitude!

Also, I see here that you have a blogland event as well...Wordless Wednesday.
I want to add that to my blog...May I? I hope so, for I certainly want to help promote your cause as well :)*I am going to add now and if you would rather me not..shoot me a line and it will come right off :)

Mary said...

Hi Dixie - appreciate being on the tag list and will have something posted soon.

I also went to that Don't Eat Sushi guy's blog and was falling down laughing over his mom's letters. The video is great too, especially with her actually reading some of the letters!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs - Mary.

P.S. That Ricky you managed to catch sounds like a true gentleman!