it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

declutter - decorate update...

I didn't want you guys to think I had suffocated under all the clutter... I'm still alive and well... What I had hoped would take 3-days looks like it is going to actually take 5-days plus a few evenings... I've mostly cleared the room... there was no where to send my desk and computer - I still have to have my computer for work - but the desk is on wheels, so easy to shuffle around....


So far, cleared the room, cleaned the walls and woodwork, prepped the walls (filled in nail holes etc.) painted over blue paint with Kilz, painted over Kilz with pretty yellow paint. Pulled up he old carpet and padding. Prepped the sub-floor for the new flooring.... I ran into a problem with the flooring - Home Depot had discontinued the flooring I wanted... I had to make today (Tuesday) a shopping day... I did some on line research this morning and went into town (yep, that's what we call it out here in the country), purchased my flooring, had Ricky pick it up and will start putting it in tomorrow evening after work.


I think my expectations may have been a little too high... I have a fabulous chair that I wanted to move into my office from another room, but I'm not sure it is going to fit! I have a new piece of furniture to pick up; once it is in the room I'll know if my chair that I love will fit, or, if I'm going to have to go chair shopping?!

In the meantime, most of my books have found a home on the dining room table. All organized by type of book and size; I have a really cool surprise for you to see (regarding the books) once the room is complete. I've promised to post my completed project on Metamorphosis Monday, but... I can at least show you the book piles...

Things are looking good for a successful declutter and decorating office project, down here in French Lique!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dixie,
I am so anxious to see your room completed....I'm sure not as anxious as you are. It is soooo much work but sooo worth it in the end.
I will tell you what a dear friend told me, "Rome wasn't built in a day....sooo take it easy."
hugs
debbie

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I'm glad you're not buried under that pile of books, Dixie ;-) Looking so forward to seeing those pictures!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Ohhh! Can't wait to see it!!!...Debbie