it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Friday, February 20, 2009

The Cowgirl Up Award, given by Dixie at French Lique, Texas

If you've got the Heart of a Cowgirl... Go ahead... take this award and proudly display it on your blog... a gift from Dixie to you!
"Cowgirl UP" Award
For Cowgirls, and girls with the Heart of a Cowgirl...

Be your own woman, make your own path, and take responsibility for who you are and what you do. Do what you gotta do and don't be scared. To step up to a challenge; to toughen up; to make something happen, as opposed to just complaining about it; taking charge of a situation.
Inspire, create, give of yourself, pass on the goodness of life.

If you are a Cowgirl, or you have the Heart of a Cowgirl, well then... Cowgirl Up! and show your Cowgirl pride!

14 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Funny award!

Linda said...

I love it. Being a homegrown Texan I appreciate it.

bj said...

Now, you KNOW being a West Texas gal that I am lovin this award..gotta take it right home with me, put it on my sidebar and offer it up to all other gals with a Cowgirl Heart...
Come over and see my food post for today, if you have time...
xo bj

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the idea of it.Heck yeah........Thank you Ms Dixie...Ann

Shirley said...

Can a New Yorker who was born in the midwest and has southern roots be a cowgirl? I think so, so I'm taking this award home with me.

Thanks Dixie!

CottageBliss said...

I'm takin' it home with me and puttin' it on my brand new blog. You've encouraged me to DO what I have been Thinkin' about for WAY too long.

Thanks Dixie!

Kat said...

I love this one! Thank you Miss Dixie! Kathy

Glimpse of My World said...

love the cowgirl up award.. You know being a East Texas gal ... makes me proud.. come on over to my blog I am having a give-a-way!
gRINs!

Joan J said...

Well, Yeeeee Hawwwww! I couldn't be more tickled (pink, of course) to receive your award! It's my first award, so t'ank you ever so much!

Chandy said...

Thanks! Love ya for this award and great boots and purse!

Carolyn of What NOw? Tablescapes

Anonymous said...

What a cool award and I LOVE that cap! Very cool! Thanks!
Hugs,
Shannon

Sandi (Meme) said...

Now that's an award for ME! Thank you very much for my first award!

Nancy said...

Well I'm tickled Texas Pink! Thank you Miz Dixie. xoxo Texas Nan

Terry said...

Hi Dixie
Oh my imagine my suprise.
I just saw this for the first time.
We have had computer problems for over a month now.
Did not know how bad until hubbys work files just went missing.
than other weird stuff.
I have had a very hard time getting into my blog on a regular basis for a good month an dso I missed this post :(
Please forgive the over sight .
I can only tell you we have an antique computer that isn't quite happy about blogging at all.
Blessings to you .
Please forgive the over sight .
hugs