it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blue Monday.. I really love blue...


I don't own a lot of blue... but I really love the color blue. Our master bedroom is blue, but there's not a lot of blue in the room other than the walls... I have one blue wall in my kitchen... but no blue accessories... I have some blue bottles that I like... but they're not displayed anywhere... My business card holder on my office desk is blue stained glass... but there is nothing else blue on my desk... The accent color of our wedding... yep... Blue...

I've never given this much thought until Blue Monday came into my life... hummmmmmm.... So today, I decided to share a photo of something blue that someone special sent to me... and something blue that a website sent me... See more of our lovely hostess Sally's Blue Monday participants by linking here...

My nephew, Matt (he's also Ricky's Godson), studied architecture last year in Brazil. He took this photo while he was there. Could you imagine living in a house this blue? Isn't it beautiful? I am drawn to this photo, and were I in Brazil, I would probably have been drawn to the house itself, just as Matt was...

and then my friends at HGTV sent me this photo of the 2009 Dream Home living room and my heart said "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh"... isn't it beautiful... I noticed that this room, like our master bedroom doesn't have a lot of blue... just enough.
and according to HGTV's website, this rug was the inspiration for the room... gorgeous!

Looking out my sunny south Texas window at the beautiful blue sky... serenely blue down here in French Lique...

14 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Dixie...I'll take that rug!! It would inspire just about anything for me! Have a great week...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Dixie! That living room is calling my name. What a magnificent room. What a perfect colorful house for Brazil!!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

DIXIE,
THAT WAS A NICE POST. I PRAY YOU HAD A RESTFUL WEEK-END AND YOU WILL HAVE A WEEK FULL OF BLESSINGS.
HUGS
debbie

SmilingSally said...

That house would be a bit too blue for me, but it's architecture is something to behold. Now, you know that you canNOT win that HGTV dream house, because it's for me! I love the rug. I'd choose a different decor to go with it, though, which shows that I am not a professional decorator. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Oh my...LOVE that rug.... so much I might put it on the wall and design the room around it!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! There's a house the same bright blue about a block away from me. It's hard to adjust to its brightness whenever I see it lol.

Anonymous said...

Well I love the blue it suits the house and it's Country.
Happy Blue Monday
Claudie from Canada

Carrie said...

The Brazilian blue house is stunning. Such a lovely hue along with the white trim really sets off the architecture.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wow! What an intense and fascinating shade of blue on that house! We have a blue Victorian, so I like blue houses, and I love the architectural style on the Brazillian house. I also love the dream house living room, and I had a rug like that years ago... my BIL gave it to us. I think I gave it to my SIL, but I can't remember. Now I want it back! LOL!

Have a great Blue Monday. Hope you're not too cold in Texas today. It finally warmed back up here in Florida.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Ooooo, very pretty and interesting!

Please send some blue sky up here to the corn ;-)

Happy Blue Monday!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That blue house just pops!
I love the livingroom of the HGTV dream house. The guest bedroom is a fave of mine even more then the livingroom :0).
Thanks for sharing your blues. Have a great day!

Carlotta said...

Not only is the house good looking, but I love the arches on the front. And that room, such a pretty color blue on the walls, not overbearing. The rug is beautiful as well. Would love something like this in my room.
~Carlotta~

Anonymous said...

I love the HGTV dream home..that rug is just gorgeous. Happy Blue MOnday and have a lovely day.

Sweetie said...

The HGTV dream home living room is beautiful. I would be happy with just the blue rug. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie