it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pink Saturday.... October Blooms in Biloxi...

We went camping (we call it camping... we're in our camper!) in Biloxi, Mississippi the 3rd week of October this year... When we pulled into our luxury campsite... we were surrounded by these...
Azaleas
beautiful... beautiful... PINK...
they were everywhere... all over the grounds.. aren't these guys suppose to bloom in the spring!?  yet here they are near the end of October...
and just for good measure...
a pretty, PINK Camellia... blooming right along side of the Azaleas...

sure wish we could grow these (any time of year...)
down here in French Lique...

I'm joining Beverly for Pink Saturday... drop by and see who else is show PINK!

12 comments:

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hello Dixie
We've met before. Might have been PS or Blue Monday,but I know we met.
I've enjoyed your last few posts. I think your friend Candy and I have the same hair colour!!
We drove through Biloxi a long time ago. Wish we could have spent more time in the South. Such wonderful friendly folks just like you.
Oh and don't worry too much about those wrinkles, but I get where your going with the whole "aging" thing. I will be 56 in March. More and more "pretty lines" are appearing.
Happy Weekend DIxie.
Love Claudie from Canada
xoxoxoxo

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful!

My PINK, have a great weekend and festive Thanksgiving celebration!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hello Dixie,
How wonderful to get to look at some gorgeous blossoms! It is cold and windy here in Michigan and believe me, all the flowers are long gone!

You live in one of my most favorite states! I have family there and used to live there, too.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Jil

J.Rylie.C said...

Very pretty! I really love Saturday because my Mom let me blog a little for Pink Saturday.

My PINK, have a nice weekend!

donna baker said...

Bet that travel trailer is fun. I would enjoy one of those because I could take my winkies.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How pretty, Dixie! Here, the cold has gotten everything but the pansies! Thanks so much for your congratulations! I appreciate all the bloggy love!...hugs...Debbie

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Dixie..I can't believe those are blooming!! You are so lucky. I have a yard full of dried up leaves out here on the Jersey Shore.
Have a happy Pink Saturday...and a very Happy Thanksgiving too.
xo Tami

Ann said...

Beautiful bloom for this time of year!! Our yard is full of leaves--some pretty colors though. Have a fantastic Thankgiving.
Ann

Lynn said...

yeah. You camp like i do.
Don't you just loooove pinterest!? But that doll head on the tree? Disturbing! :)

Joan J said...

We're having a very dark, gloomy, rainy day here in Ohio and your pink flowers cheered me up and reminded me that sooner or later, it will once again be Spring. Thanks!

Tracy said...

Hi Dixie,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I never imagined that Azaleas could bloom except in the Spring, how strange! But very pretty, and what a wonderful backdrop for your camping trip. Have a great weekend!

~CC Catherine said...

Dixie...my favorite of all these PINKS is the Camilla...I just bought one myself that blooms in the fall. I believe there is one that blooms in the spring and one that blooms in the fall...maybe yours is a Fall one. Or, maybe you just got lucky and it bloomed again because it loves you! :) A great PINK post! ~CC Catherine