it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Original

I had to go to the grocery store this morning. I've decided to make Marshmallow Treats for my grandkiddos, for Thanksgiving. I called all 3 of my adult daughters this morning for various getting it together reasons... and all 3 told me the same thing when I told them of my culinary surprise... "bring enough for the big kiddos too!" So off I went to the store at 7:30am, to beat the crowds (which I did).

Well, I like using the "original brand name" cereal, not the store brand. I've found that the original is crispier and tastier... and heck, I only make the treats once or twice a year. When I found the "brand name" cereal, it didn't have the recipe on the box. The store brand did, but I didn't want that cereal. I knew what the ingredients were: puff rice cereal, marshmallows, butter... okay... got those... but no recipe.

Well, thank the Lord and Al Gore for the internet! I found the recipe and printed it for future use. So here dear friends, is a link to "The Original" recipe for marshmallow treats. Use it in good health!

and yes... Still thinking about food down here in French Lique...

No comments: