it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Friday, February 3, 2012

Shopping with Bev and the Boys...

I love when I have to work in Seguin, Texas on Wednesday...
Wednesday... That's the day that Glory B's Cottage opens for the weekend...
so it's the first day of the week for Beverly...
which means her shop is full of treasure...
and this Wednesday was no exception...
everywhere you look... treasures to be found...
every shelf, every tabletop... 
every place that is any place to put something...
Beverly will find a wonderful way to display...
some treasure... somewhere... (oops! how did Bev get into the mirror photo! wink-wink)
This table has sat in the middle of the front room in Glory B's Cottage...
for as long as I have been shopping there... (NFS)...
The table has sat there... but the treasure on top...
it's ever-changing...
so are you wondering what came home with me?
A heart... made by Beverly herself... (I had to promise not to show her face... she said she was a mess... she wasn't!)
 A vintage hand-made crib quilt... $12.99... yes... no kidding
An orphaned saucer and 3 pearl and rhinestone buttons...
and a vintage veil... probably a communion veil because of the size...
Beverly only takes cash or checks... and me.. I only had $42... all of which Beverly got to keep... So this sweet angel sitting on top of that table...
Well... Beverly put a sold sign on it for me...
and I'll bring more cash on Saturday...
..../~~~~~~~~~~~\....
The on my way out of town....
The Unique Boutique and The Curious Boys...
How about a vintage paneled door... $29.99...
or a vintage crystal chandelier... $59.99... (no kidding!)
The Boys were having a 10% off sale...
So I had to buy something... (even though Beverly already had all my money...)
I love vintage silver candlesticks... $9.99... these are truly lovely...
or this fabulous chicken wire basket... $11.99... (this will be gone by the time I get back there!)
this isn't the best photo...
but do you see the matching set of vintage chandeliers...
to die for!
or a rustic piece of architecture... yep... took this one home...
so... home again... I draped the veil over a vintage lamp's shade...
and the little boy in the frame...
that was a treasure found by the Curious Boys and brought home...
by me...
Down here in French Lique...

Happy Treasure hunting to all...
and... good night "T"...

8 comments:

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

I love it when there's so many items it starts your head spinning & takes your breath away.... Where do you begin ~ Thanks for sharing, I hope you'll stop by for a visit too~
Cheryl

A Thrifted Market said...

Bev referred me to your blog. I was just in her shop on Wed. too and took home several treasures. Love the curious boys too..found a great silver tray I have been looking for for awhile. Fun stuff!!

Sweet European Dreams said...

Wow. I had NO idea that Seguin had these shops! We've been out of Texas for a few years now (yes, that's very sad...), so these will go on my to-shop list when we're visiting family again. Do you ever stop by Max's Haus in New Braunfels? That's one of my favorites in the area. Great post, fun stuff and fab prices! -diane

Neabear said...

Sounds like you had a fun time in those shops! I wouldn't know where to start if I was going to get something.

~Linnea

Candy said...

OMG I wish I had time to go. Love your treasures...each and everyone and the sweetest angel ever. Making a quick trip to College Station to surprise the boy.
Blissful Blessings ;-)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Can you hear me laughing after seeing your last comment! You found and saw some awesome things. Too bad today isn't a holiday and I could just skip on down. Ok, drive I know you wouldn't want to really see me skip, at least not in the rain. Happy Friday friend.

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh wow! I'd love to have a few hours to hunt in that place! So many treasures that I'd want to bring home!

trash talk said...

Good golly Miss Molly...I am dying here. I had heard she had tons of stuff, but hearing it and seeing it are two different things.
I have been looking everywhere for a dresser like the one in the photo.
It's probably a good thing you didn't have your grocery money with you or it'd be beans and cornbread for a month!
Deb