it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

As Is... Isn't all bad...

On my recent Thrift Shop shopping trip to Austin with Candy, Sandy and Terry... I found this small set of ceramic canisters with brass lids... for sale "As Is"...
As is... $1.99... $.99... $.69... grand total for all three... $3.67..
As is...
no knobs on the lids...!
Hobby Lobby to the rescue... 3 knobs $2.50 each...
-50% off... they were on sale... total for the knobs...
$3.75...
had to slightly enlarge the holes with a screwdriver...
time to complete the project...
less than 10-minutes...
Total thrifty cost... $7.42...
Enjoying these beautiful canisters in my kitchen
down here in French Lique...
Priceless!

I absolutely love this thrifty treasure...
As Is... Isn't all bad... not bad at all...

I'm joining
and
drop by and check out who else is joining in...

8 comments:

Laura said...

Miss Dixie-
As is is my favorite state of affairs.
What a find, and I love the new knobs!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Candy said...

Turned out fab girl! Was with my phone most of the day...don't know how I missed your calls. Thanks for leaving some for me.
Blissful Blessings ;-)

trash talk said...

That's the way I like my folks too..."as is"!
You done good!
Deb

bj said...

Hey, Dixie...how's things down there in French Lique? I see the thrifting is FINE...mighty fine. Love those canisters.
I am on my way to the Dollar Tree to see if they have some wire baskets...just saw the cutest cloches made from them.
hugs, bj

Deb said...

oh Dixie...that is awesome...I love as is...and that header is awesome...

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor.com said...

what a great deal!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awesome finds! My kind of gal. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Nita Jo said...

Love those canisters, and the knobs are perfect! What a great find!