it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Blue Monday... Before and After...

I first redecorated our bedroom a few years ago... I painted it a pretty dark gray-blue to keep it "masculine" for my Ricky... and he likes Blue.. it's his favorite color... I already had Navy Blue lined draperies that once hung in the living room... and then I found great Blue ticking roman shades at Pottery Barn Outlet on closeout for $10 each!
But lately... I've been wanting to lighten up a bit... So I first considered repainting a lighter shade of blue..
and then I found these...
After...
Even Ricky said it made the room feel so much brighter and bigger..
So here... the After...
Still pretty and Blue...
Still using my Blue ticking Roman shades...
loving my Blue Bedroom...
Down here in French Lique...

I'm joining Sally for Blue Monday...
stop by and see who else is showing off their Blue!

10 comments:

Fashion Momma said...

Love the new curtains.

My Blue Monday.

donna baker said...

Night and day.

Loui♥ said...

Love the AFTER!!
I too prefer blue as does my hubby..
but I really like the after !
I need to get some of those roman shades!
warmest hugs..
Loui♥

SmilingSally said...

Love your blues, especially those bargain striped shades!

Happy Blue Monday, Dixie.

Candy said...

I'm voting with Ricky...love the brightness. Have a great week girlie!
Blue Monday Blessings ;-)

dix said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the before and after. Love it! dix---

Deb said...

wow...looks like a whole new room...great job Dixie...

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful window treatments.

My Blue

cassandrasminicorner said...

For $10.00? What a great deal:)

Visiting for Blue Monday! Hope you can stop by:)

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/02/family-dinner-at-buffet-restaurant.html

Jessica said...

beautiful blue drapes, like it :-) Visiting from Blue Monday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html