it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Friday, December 12, 2008

Uggs... how can something that sounds like a punch in the gut feel so good on your feet!


Okay... the title says it all... yep... got some Uggs... I've been bidding on eBay for a month, trying to get a pair of Uggs for myself, without paying $100 or $150 or $200 or more... uggghhhh... I'm gonna need them for that road-trip.... oh... haven't told you about that yet... well anyway, I'm going to need them soon...

So, finally! I found an auction from a lady in Florida (what was she thinking... Uggs in Florida?), who was selling a pair of the knit Uggs (the ones I wanted), color-Cream (the color I wanted), size 9 (my size!) worn only once (I can deal with that to save some $$$), and no one had bid yet... so I bid... $9.99! Wow... now only 4-days to go!

By the final day, the bids were up to $24.99... still in my price range... and with 3-hours to go (the auction ended at 10:15 am on a Thursday morning and I had to get to work), I bid... $37. Wow, high bidder at $27! I had some wiggle room (no pun intended). After my 9am appointment ended at 9:50 am... I thought... "I've got some time to jump on eBay and check out my Ugg status..."




There I was, still high bidder, but with less wiggle room at $36. With only 3 minutes left in the auction.. still at $36, I decided to go ahead and put in my maximum limit... $75. With one minute left, some yo-yo decided to start their bidding... I think they were using the "1-click-bid" function because within seconds I was up to $50... $52... $54... "come-on, knock it off", I growled at my laptop screen... $64... $66... oops! time ran out! Got my Uggs for $67... whew! Thank goodness for that timer!



So my Uggs arrived today, via USPS. They were waiting for me when I got home just after lunch... put them on my feet.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cozy..... and I haven't taken them off. If I'd known how comfy and warm they were, I'd have probably paid $85 or $90... Thank you Uggs (and you too nice lady in Florida)... feet feelin' toasty and warm... down here in frigidly cold (58-degrees) south Texas... aka French Lique...

ps... before bidding on my Ugg Boots, I read this article on how to spot a fake Ugg on eBay... my boots passed all the tests... but make sure you do your homework if you're thinking of following suit and buying your Ugg Boots on eBay... there ARE a lot of fakes out there... and...

pss... the "Ultra" series boot is still manufactured in New Zealand

1 comment:

Joan J said...

Faking an Ugh? Hmmm...

Adorable boots. I'm sure you're going to need them in all that SEVENTY DEGREE WEATHER. Harumph.. (Kidding - great boots, great price, gotta love Ebay!)