it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Love Letter from Down Here in French Lique

                                                                     Hello, everyone!


Are you all well?  I really hope so!

So many things have changed since I last blogged with regularity here.  

I'm now a Retired Lady, a bit unexpectedly.  In the fall, after my annual flu shot, I was stricken with GBS, Gillian Barre’ Syndrome
GBS has altered the trajectory of my life, permanently.  We are learning to live within our new normal. I say we, because my darling Ricky has been affected too. Together we are working to improve this life and make it better than it has been for the past 10-months.
 
Grey hair and crow's feet showed up unexpectedly and refuse to leave. I’m learning to live with that... sorta... thank goodness for Clairol! 

And my sweet little grandchildren, Little Romeo and Andie-Panda, will be 18 before the year is out. How did we get here so quickly?!

So while I tried very, very, very briefly, and clearly unsuccessfully, to resurrect this blog last year, I finally realized it's time to permanently close the chapter on French Lique, Texas Blog.  

This blog reflects a certain time from my life that no longer exists.  And that's fine on many levels. 

Fortunately, there's also lots to look back on fondly from this blog by way of the friendships, connections, creativity and community that existed here.  In fact, I dearly miss all of those things.

So if anyone out there is still receiving these posts or following along, I bid you a fond farewell.  I’m on to the next chapter of whatever that may be..

Down Here in French Lique...

No comments: