it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Renovation of the Family Farmhouse...


When my hubby and I purchased his childhood home, after his father passed away last year, we knew we had our work cut out for us.  Renovating a whole house, built in 1960, I wondered (right after the sale closing)... "Have we lost our minds!?"  Today I can answer that question... "No... Not yet!"

I purchased this lovely vintage screen from Theresa Cano of Garden Vntge Antiques.  She has a great new permanent space at Fredericksburg (Texas) Trade Days.  I've incorporated it into our farmhouse decor, and I can't wait to show you how!

So, here's the tease... I'm behind the curtain screen trying to upload photos of the before and after... Be back soon!



6 comments:

donna baker said...

Dixie, oh that screen and, I can't wait to see all you've done.

Pamela said...

Love this screen!!!!
Pamela :)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Still love that you bought that screen and each time I see it I can only imagine the history behind it!

Unknown said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours.

SmilingSally said...

Hi Dixie,

I'm just stopping in to "stay in the loop."

Have a great day!

Nancy said...

Dixie! Long time no see! as we used to say. ;) I'll have to go through your blog to catch up. That screen is fabulous and I can't wait to see where you put it. It's perfect! How wonderful you are redoing a family home - it's a challenge. xo Nancy