it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Thursday, September 19, 2013

"F" is for...

Well Duh!  "F" is for French Lique of course!  It's been a while since I've explained just exactly where and what French Lique, Texas is...

Several years ago I was reading a book by Laura Lippman.  The protagonist in the book was traveling through French Lick, Indiana... I liked the name French Lick, and I thought if I ever got a chance to name my own little town in Texas,  I'd name it French Lique...  Well, I figured I'd never be naming my own little Texas town, so I decided to name my own little blog, and French Lique, Texas was born... A figment of my (thank you Laura Lippman) imagination...

Now, I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that many folks have emailed me or posted a comment on this blog, asking just where the heck IS French Lique?  They've Googled it and mapped it on the Internet, but just can't seem to find it anywhere... Worry not dear readers.  French Lique, Texas is alive and well, residing right here in my mind... And on these pages of posts...

So now you know that all is well, Down Here In French Lique...

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Haha, very cute and creative! Love it!

Dewena said...

Your very own town! I love that!

I just realized I missed E. Will go now and see what I missed.

Candy said...

HI girlfriend!