it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Monday, October 22, 2012

Welcome Autumn... Harvest Table

Looking around Blogland at all the pretty tablescapes and center pieces has made me want to decorate my big farmhouse harvest table for Autumn... my favorite time of year.
I started simple enough, with the burlap table scarf that stays on my table year-round..
Then I found this pretty table scarf (for a much shorter table) at Marshall's for $9.99... I love the sparkle and the embroidered leaves...
and it looks just perfect laid on top of my burlap don't cha think?!
I pilfered from my stash of previous years Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations to find more items to add to my table decor.
  The two large pumpkins were displayed in my booth at Blue Hills a few years ago.  The faux fruit rests in another bowl in my kitchen year round.

A couple of years ago, while looking for a dough bowl, I found a set of 3 rustic wooden nesting bowls for $12.99 at a resale shop. It wasn't the dough bowl I longed for, but they serve the purpose.
 
The chippy candle sticks came from Glory B's in Geronimo, Texas $8.99 for the set...   and the little vintage birdie Salt and Pepper... a gift from a dear friend for mother's day a few years ago...
The white pillar candles were fine, but every time I looked at them I kept thinking ... pumpkin!  So a weekend trip to Target yielded 2 pumpkin candles for $2.49 each... marked down because they were the last two... I don't know, but I liked the price... I also found two more small rustic pumpkins at Target to add to the mix, I couldn't believe they were only $1 each!
and voila'!
 
Welcome Autumn...
 
Now if we could just get a little of that cooler weather
down here in French Lique...


this week I'm joining...

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
and
Show and Tell Friday


4 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks Dixie for stopping by my blog.
It makes it so much easier for us to reply directly to your email. But how would I have found your lovely blog... The autumn table looks fab.

Ann said...

Your table runner is so pretty, burlap is my new best friend. You did a lovely job on all the trimmings.
ann

momto8 said...

your table looks beautiful! so festive and pretty!!

CURIOUS said...

DIXIE . . . Thanks so much for buying the 'BOUNCING BETTIES' !!
We thought maybe You 'disowned' Us . . . We miss You & Your blog !!!
BIG HUGS,
JOE & GLENN