it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Friday, March 9, 2012

Got My Goose at Glory B's Cottage...

I had to travel to Austin for business on Thursday this week... and on my way back, I had to go through Geronimo, Texas... and of course I had to stop and visit my friend Beverly at Glory B's Cottage... She was on a little vacation for the past week... so when I got there, her sweet little cottage was overflowing with shabby chic and tattered beauty...

If you live in Texas and you haven't had a chance to stop by... You just don't know what you are missing...
So... while I was there... I picked up a few items... and this one is my favorite...
a primitive goose...
she just called my name...
Beverly thought she had charged too much,  I thought I got a great deal...
what do you think... ?  Isn't she just divine?
She'll find a place on top of the bookcases in my office...
once I finish my office organization later this month...
until then...
we'll just let her hang around in the living room...
down here in French Lique...

5 comments:

Sisters Treasures said...

Hi, I'm a big fan of Glory B's and have enjoyed reading your blogs about her and the Curious Boys who I like also. Your goose is fabulous. Last week I was in Geronimo visiting my sister but sadly (as you said) Beverly was off last week so I didn't get to shop, but I saw lots of things outside I want to go back for.
Betsy

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are so lucky to live so close to Bev's place that you can visit her often. Wish I did. See you soon friend!

A Thrifted Market said...

Love that Bev!! I love living close and getting to stop in often. I bet she does have some great goodies in there waiting to be bought..cute goose!!

donna baker said...

I have a carved goose too only she's a canadian one. She sits on the front porch atop a garden shelf and watches over the place.

bj said...

Hey, Dixie girl...thanks so much for coming by...I am always so glad to see ya.

I have been wanting a goose or a swan for my cottage, too. I love yours...
I live in Texas but never heard of Glory B's...sure would like to go sometime.
I also want to go to Canton...daughter and I hoping to go sometime this summer.
Oh, and Round Top...I hear tell that place is awesome.
Do you live anywhere close to either?
hugs, bj