it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Me and My Shadow.... Revisited for Sunday Favorites...

On this Sunday morning... the day before my knee replacement surgery... I thought I'd join Chari for some whimsey and a little mental break... Hope you enjoy my contribution... and in my office... I have a baby... that perhaps dreams, that someday, he will grow up...and be a big boy... but for now... he'll have to resign himself to knowing that, his shadow reflects the metamorphosis of the big boy chandy he will become someday... down here in French Lique...

it made me think about how shadows are often so much larger than the thing they are a shadow of...

and a note about the chandy shadow... I completely forgot to take photos of it's installation... I followed the directions supplied by Wilson Graphics very carefully... and though, due to it's large size, it was a little cumbersome for one person to install it alone, once I got going, I found it pretty easy to do. It does take a while... with all the little "crystal" pieces, which have a tendency to want to stay on the paper you peel off... I used my Martha Stewart boning tool... and with a little patience and care... Voila'! I would highly recommend Wilson's products... I've bought others and been disappointed, but no disappointment here! I love it!
Happy Sunday Favorites... I've had this wall art piece for a couple of months... I bought it for my home office from Wilson Graphics Etsy Shop... Now, the reason for this purchase was...

19 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Knee surgery??? Where have I been??? I know I've been gone, but I want you to know I will be thinking of you, Dixie and praying that all goes well.

XO,

Sheila

Kat said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow Dixie. Hope all goes well and that you are up and at 'em in no time! Kathy

Helen said...

DEAR GOD! I'm sorry I must have missed this little piece of information in previous posts. All I can say is:

COW GIRL UP!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Best wishes sent your way for your upcoming surgery. I missed this one the first time around, so thanks for posting it again. ~ Sarah

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Dixie, prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Dixie, I have had 2 replacements and it's a piece of cake, a walk in the park, easy peasy..no problem...ok, ok, maybe not that simple but you will be up and running before you know it. I will keep you in my prayers.
Please let us know how you are doing.
Molly

Deb said...

Dixie...my thoughts and prayers are with you for your surgery...you will do great...after all your a Texas Gal...

Candy said...

I love it too! You did a great job.

You have been on my mind quite often with your up coming adventure. Been praying through the preparations and will continue on into tomorrow. Just drift off to sleep and dream of all the wonderful junking trips ahead. AND boy do I need a girls retreat. Will talk more about that in the days of your recovery.
God bless you dear friend ;-)

clustres said...

I need a knee replacement too so I will be checking back with you. Loved this post-I have a baby chandy too that needs his own shadow!
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Pam

Gypsy Heart said...

I'm so sorry you have to have knee surgery! My knees have really been a problem since I moved recently so I totally understand the pain, etc. You will be like a Bionic woman when it's over! :-)

Sending you best wishes and healing energy along with prayers for you and the medical team.

xoxo
Pat

P.S. Your chandys are beautiful!

trash talk said...

Dixie, I just wanted to drop by and tell you I'll be lifting you up in prayer tonight for your surgery and will be thinking of you tomorrow. Think of me as your shadow.
Debbie

Love Of Quilts said...

Cute ideaon the chandys. Trish

Candy said...

No little prayers from here only big ones for my new bionic girlfriend. I just hope I'll be able to keep up with you!
So happy to hear about her new job. Things are falling into place for her new adventure as well.
The silverware caddies I found recently right here in Wimberley at the Senior Center Thrift. My mother came up right before Mother's Day and we did the village.
I'll be waiting for a report on how things go/went today...
Peace!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Ms.Dixie...

My friend, I didn't realize that you were having knee replacement surgery. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way, Darlin'! May the Lord bless your new knee and give you a quick recovery!!!

Well my dear, I'm just tickled pink to have you join in with Sunday Favorites this week! Thank you! Sure did enjoy this post...and I love your little chandelier...it's adorable and gorgeous all wrapped up in one! Oooh...and the chandelier wall graphic really is fabulous! I bet it was just a tad tedious getting up but you did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for sharing this sweet post with us, my friend!

Please do take care of yourself...love and prayers!
Chari @Happy To Design

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

I hope your surgery went well! Please take care of yourself! If you have a moment stop by my blog and enter my give-a-way!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Dixie,
You will be up and dancin a jig in no time!!
I love the wall chandelier, what a great idea to inspire your little one to grow!!

Get well sooning, we are all pulling for you.

hugs
Sissie

Laura said...

Dixie-
I hope your are doing well-
take the pain medication!

Just rest dear friend.

Laura

Nancy said...

Dixie??? Are you home. I hope everything went okay with the surgery and just wanted you to know that I'm saying a prayer for you. xoxo Nancy

May the good Lord hold you in the palm of his hand and restore you to good health....amen

Thrift Store Chic said...

Ijust found your blog. I hope your surgery went well. I had my right knee replaced last October and my left one in February. I'm having my left hip replaced in August and my right hip three months later. I am very happy with my knee replacement. I'll be 38 next month.

If you have any questions, please let me know.