it's about life.. down here in ...

letter F Cast Iron Capital Letter R (North Scituate, RI) alphabet series - e letter N C letter H L metal verdigris letter I typewriter key letter Q U white paint on blue - rusting chocolate letter E

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Road by Cormac McCarthy



If you haven't read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, I highly recommend that you do. I've now read it twice, which is rare for me. I have so many books on my reading list that I keep it in a spreadsheet - so I really don't have the time to re-read something, except, perhaps, a classic read from long ago. "The Road" is a masterpiece of writing; a tale of a post-apocalyptic world, and the love of a father and son as they travel "The Road". It's interesting, McCarthy's vision of this world; and heart wrenching - the complete and utter love and devotion that the father has for the son and vice-versa.
Well worth the read... and apparently a second read. Oh, and did I mention that this is a Pulitzer Prize winning novel.
Working steady to keep my brain from turning to mush... out here in the country... French Lique, Texas.

No comments: